I organised facials for some of the girls yesterday. My skin is positively glowing now. I've also caught up, magnificently, on all the goss.
"Daniel had to book months in advance to see me," said Cyn.
"When are you seeing him?" I asked.
"May."
"May?!!" I burst out laughing. "Compared to yours, my life isn't that bad now. Are you seriously completely booked out, every weekend, till May?"
"Yep."
"And so when are we going to do that dinner thing with the girls?"
"June/July?"
"I'm not available - summer school thing. Easter break?"
"I'm on conference. End of May?"
"Too near the exams, and I might be going to camp."
"September break?"
"Internship. Absolutely not available."
"Damn, I'm on conference then too. December?"
"You have GOT to be kidding me. If you're seriously suggesting December, forget it. Besides, the month before summer school?!!"
"You're right. Hmm. I'll get back to you."
"You'd better."
I'm starting on academic work in earnest tomorrow. I have set myself a personal deadline: my research topic must be firmed up by the end of the week. The Thinking Curriculum or gender issues - more specifically, the education of boys. Which will it be?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home