It's been a strange, happy day. I'm looking out the window, watching the end of the day meander before me, and thinking, "It's been a strange, happy day."
I'm feeling happy. Perhaps that's why it's feeling strange. It's been awhile since I could say "I am happy".
P noticed the difference straight away. For as long as we have known each other, I have had a perpetually stressed look on my face from one thing or another. He's always trying to get me to relax, to chill, to put my evil diary away, to distract me from whatever it was that was stressing me that day. Today, he said in his quiet way, "Yeah, you look better today."
He saw me in my element today at the information session I was doing with a few other people. I was trying very hard to ignore him, to pretend he wasn't there at all. You know how it is when you really like someone, and you're in denial. But he told me later, "That was good. You looked, sounded good. Very at home up there."
He also said, "Ange's wearing orange today, isn't she? You've got me noticing what others are wearing!" Then a little pause, as he opened the door for me, "You look good in black. It really suits you."
I was trying my darnest not to blush as we walked into the labs to find Ange.
The information session went very well. My tutoring session with one of my project girls went very well. I met a dozen people today, and I didn't snap at anyone. Not once. I didn't even roll my eyes at anyone, not once. I had to lecture-bash (something that is against my principles but it had to be done), but that's one bad thing in a sea of good things.
It has been a happy, happy day, and I get paid on Thursday!
"You have no idea how much I need that money coming in on Thursday!"

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home