One of the advantages of having only six official contact hours of uni every week is that I have a long weekend. In fact, a four day weekend - from Friday to Monday. It's super-great. Everyone hates me, of course, but nevertheless, it's super-glorious-fantastic-great. I can sleep in, go window shopping, do absolutely nothing - if I so wanted to. But with my low boredom threshold, I seldom have the patience to do "absolutely nothing". I have to do something, anything.
Which is why I'm constantly on the go these days. I fill my hours with activities, so I won't get bored. If I'm not bored, I'm not depressed. If I'm not depressed, everyone's safe.
I usually work on Mondays and Fridays, and the occasional Wednesday. I fit all the leadership meetings and paperwork, coffee dates, lawn and sun worshipping hours, research and all the studying I'm meant to be doing (so far, precious little) into the two or three days I'm at uni. For the past couple of months, this has meant I'm seldom home till about 8pm. Now, with rehearsals after school, time is even more of a precious commodity.
Which is why I'm frustrated with myself at the moment.
Today is one of the few Mondays I do not have to pull a shift at work, and by rights I should be doing the work that I've put off for weeks, if not months, now. However, I cannot get started on anything constructive!!! So far, I've read three chapters of Robert Jordan's The Crossroads of Twilight (brilliant book - two inches thick - fantastic, he's finally developing the Mat and the Daughter of the Nine Moons sub-plot), did the laundry, dropped off my internship acceptance letter, had a brief chat with the Co-ordinator and a teacher in the Middle School office, ("Oh, I remember teaching you" "Yes! Year 11 Physics!"), had my customary shot of hot chocolate, had lunch at the local shopping centre and am now in the local library doing this!
In other words, I'm doing everything but what I'm supposed to be doing.
A part of me is throwing tantrums - jumping up and down in my mind, throwing things at me, and shouting at me. Another part of me is just laughing at the antics of the other part of me. Yet another part of me is recording all this.
The many parts of me are nuts.
I will go do work now.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home