Internship applications to schools that advertised for interns closes today, so I sent off one application yesterday to the the school on top of my wish list. This was at 1pm. I figured I'll work on the other applications later, and sauntered off to meet a friend for lunch.
On the way to rehearsals two hours later, I bumped into my old English teacher who said to me, "Goodness. You really can't get away from this place, can you?"
I laughed, "It doesn't look like it. I've just sent in my application today."
"Good," said she.
In the middle of a leadership function last night, admist the noise of a bustling Chinese restaurant during the dinner rush, the Intern Co-ordinator of the school rang me. Next thing I knew, I had verbally accepted an internship position for the duration of Term 3 at my old high school.
I'm still reeling from the speed of that decision.
Shouldn't this entire internship process - the applications, the interview process, the agonising wait for an offer - been more difficult? You know, road paved with rocks and boulders and obstacles kind of thing. What is it about human nature that automatically starts to question a good thing if it is deemed to have fallen right into your lap without you having to work for it?
I rang Mum as soon as I got home. "You hope and hope that you'll get it. But once you've gotten it, you don't know what to do with it," she said, when there was a pause in my excited ramblings.
My mother's so cool ... that was my exact sentiments. ".. okay, I'll sleep on it and decide for certain tomorrow."
I've woken up, retrieved all the paperwork from the email the Co-ordinator sent me, and I've decided.
I guess I don't have to bother about writing any more applications.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home