Because I want to hold the week in my hand one more time
1. What was your most memorable moment from the last week?
There were so many. Swing dancing with Simon from Indonesia, who patiently taught me some nifty steps that lifted me from pathetic to passable dancer. Sitting on a high rock ledge with my project girls yesterday, watching the shuttle boats cruise on the Yarra, and talking about this and that. Finally getting a hold of my parents very late last night and having a good grumble and chat with them. Hanging over the rail, looking at the view spread before me from the seventh floor of the Economics & Commerce Building at uni on Wednesday. The sweetness of bubble tea to keep me going when I was dying to lie down and have a nap on Thursday. But my favourite? P and I sitting companionably together side by side as we took a breather at Friday's social, watching the more experienced dancers do their thing on the dancefloor.
2. What one person touched your life this week?
Everyone I met this week, new and old, touched my life in one way or another. But naturally, P and my project girls had more input than most. "A friend is, as it were, a second self." Cicero
3. How have you helped someone this week?
What, apart from convincing P to have new foodie experiences? I'm terribly selfish, I help myself first before thinking to help others. I've learnt not to give pieces of myself away too freely.
4. What one thing do you need to get done by this time next week?
I need to do everything by next week. However, the first draft of the proposal we're working on for next year's Summer School - I want that done by the end of the week.
5. What one thing will you do over the next seven days to make your world a better place?
Go to the M.I.L.K. exhibition at Federation Square again. There is a collection of photos, depicting the last weeks of a cancer patient I want to cry over. There's a picture of a bunch of boys at play by the banks of a river in my home state I want to smile at again. A picture of a wedding party dancing at the reception, laughing at a joke. Pictures that affirm life, hope, love, humanity. "Joy is not in things; it is in us." Richard Wagner. Next week, I shall be joyful.
Brought to you by Friday Five.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home