4 weeks ago, someone said to me, "There must be more to you than that. There must be."
Tonight, that someone said to me, "Yes, there is more to you than that," and left it at that. He smiled at me, I smiled at him and we moved on.
I taught my final two doubles today. It went very well, unlike yesterday. Yesterday was a good crap day, perfect for learning experiences but it did nothing for one's confidence. The boys in my Year 11 Chemistry class were playing power games with me, so I kicked one of them out. My first "Out. Now. I. am. not. kidding. Get OUT. NOW." At the time, I was infuriated. Later, when I retold the story to my fellow student teachers, I said, "Omg, that felt good."
I have another official week to go yet on these rounds, but I'm spending that at camp with the Year 7s. I don't do any official teaching next week. Alister, who is going up to camp with Euan and I next week, said triumphantly as he came into the staff lunchroom after lunch, "Yes! We are finally teachers!"
We are. Finally. Teachers.
Wow.
Nine months to graduation. I can last that long. I can.
Meanwhile I need to sleep.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home