Sunday, September 08, 2002

What with the anniversary of 9/11 and the rumblings of war (the boys are watching Black Hawk Down), things were getting a little too dark for comfort for me. So I hied me to Comedy Zone for a giggle.
"When I eventually met Mr Right I had no idea that his first name was Always." Rita Rudner.


Oscar Wilde's The Importance of Being Earnest is always good for a giggle. Remember this precious line?
To lose one parent may be regarded as a misfortune; to lose both looks like carelessness.


Fiddler on the Roof! How could I have forgotten that?!

Tzeitel: But Mama, the men she brings. The last one was so old, he was bald.
Golde: You want hair? Marry a monkey!

Perchik: I'm a very good teacher.
Hodel: I once heard that a rabbi that must praise himself has a congregration of one.
Perchik: Your daughter has a quick and witty tongue.
Tevye: The wit she gets from me, and as the Good Book says ...
Golde: The Good Book can wait! Go and wash up!
Tevye: The tongue, the tongue she gets from her mother.


Yes, for laughs, Fiddler on the Roof is excellent.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home