Thursday, September 12, 2002

All through Chemistry, I was singing,
Oh, they say when you marry in June
you're a bride all your life,
and the bride groom who marries in June
gets a sweet-heart for a wife.
- June Bride, Johnny Mercer

All through "magic" experiments with invisible ink and oscillating colours in beakers and conical flasks, I was singing that verse under my breath. As I got up to do my "magic" experiment which I based on the story of Moses turning the Nile into blood to intimidate the Pharoah into letting "my people go", I was still singing it. It was in my head as I did the experiment, and I nearly broke into a waltz with that tune into my head.

I came down from Chemistry and practically waltzed into the computer lab, singing (pretty loudly) Oh, they say when you marry in June, you're a bride all your life and doing the whole Bollywood arms outstreched, chest puffed up stance thing.

Mac gave me a look as I stopped by his computer to say (or sing) hello. I grinned at him sheepishly.

"Guess I better stop singing."

It has been a beautiful spring day. I just had to sing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home