Wednesday, April 16, 2003

I'm a little behind with my research.

"You?! How about me?!"

"You have three years. I have two months."

I had arranged things so that I could have today off. Then, for some strange reason, I felt a need to go into uni to do more research, and to finish my readings instead of taking it easy for a day. I was musing this aloud last night over a shared cup of peach milk tea with pearls, on a blue cushy sofa in an Asian cafe on Bourke Street.

"Don't come in. I have to do work," P said.

I looked at him. He looked back at me. I considered him some more, oddly pleased that I could, if I wanted to, distract him from his work.

"What's the weather like tomorrow?"

"Rather like today, I think." It had been a cold, wet day.

"That's it. I'm staying in bed."

"You don't need much convincing, do you?"

So here I am, at home, taking it easy. I lazed in bed till almost noon, remembering the warmth of his hand as he held mine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home