Saturday, December 14, 2002

A girl I went to university with, is getting married today. I am blown away by her courage, and her readiness for a life-long commitment. I'm in awe of her decision, and wonder lightly if I will ever be ready for such a step.

"Choose your husband wisely," Mum said.

"HAH! I'm never going to get married." The very idea of it is terrifying.

Nevertheless, I'm going to pretty myself up this afternoon in celebration of her nuptials. I'm going to sit in a church and watch Alison marry her Charles, and tonight, I am going to toast to their happiness in their wedding reception. And by all the gods, I am going to enjoy myself.

I only wish, a little, that the third of our little trio (from uni, a hundred years ago) was able to make it too. Em and I had watched Charles court Al all through our final year - it would have been wonderful to have Em there tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home