Let me entertain you, let me make you smile
What is going on? All the sudden I'm on the Top 100 list on ricebowljournals?! All the sudden I'm getting hits?! Fair enough, prolly half of the hits were me, because I'm bored stiff this week (procastinating as usual since I have fifty million assignments to finish before the end of the next week), but that only explained half of the hits.
I am bemused. I am also feeling pressured. With hits, comes expectations. When it comes to personal writing, I don't like feeling pressured that way. I always feel I shall disappoint, that I may not live up to expectations, that the special energy that I have when I write will vanish and never come back to me, that y'll would figure me out as a fraud.
But I shouldn't worry. Next week, I could be anonymous again. Wouldn't that be nice?
So darlings, how was your week? I'm re-reading Thursday's Child by Rumer Godden. Now I want to go to the ballet and watch dancing feet, and have my feet dance beneath my seat.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home