Wednesday, June 18, 2003

Peter will not tell me his middle name. I can't say I blame him. He knows I'll use that knowledge every time he's in trouble, very much in the same vein as when I yell at Darren when he's in trouble. "DARREN KELVIN!! You get yourself down here this minute!!!"

But man, oh man, it's fun trying to get it out of him.

The semester is finally over - I shoved my last assignment into my supervisor's pigeonhole on Monday, before I staggered home to get some much needed sleep. I now have about 3 weeks of relative peace and quiet before the next mad season begins. So, to celebrate, Sharon and I are going shopping this weekend - the stocktake sale season has begun! I clap my hands with glee and dance around like an excited child everytime I think about it. Pete laughs and shakes his head at me whenever I do that, and I laugh right back at him.

"When was the last time you saw me this cheerful?!" And excited, to boot.

"It's been a while," he said and gathered me to him for a hug.

I teased him, "Take advantage of this, Pete. The window of opportunity is brief. In 3 weeks, it's back to the grind, and I'll be running around like a mad chook again."

He smiled and said, "You take advantage of it. Do nothing, for a change. Don't volunteer for anything."

So, I'm doing nothing. With him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home