Internship is done. I carted home five (or was it six?) boxes of "stuff" on Friday. It's amazing how one can accumulate so much paper and resources in ten weeks. At the drinks the school put on for us, one of the APs, the one who hired us, gave each of the interns a boxed pen and a spoon, and he joked, "We don't get this until we have been teaching thirty years! But, really. This is in appreciation for the all hard work you have done. And for no pay too! Thank you."
I'm going to miss my desk and joking to Trish on my left, "Trish, you're encroaching on my space!" and teasing her about her messy desk. I'm going to miss rolling my eyes with Trish about some of the students and I'm going to miss her advice and support to us interns. I'm going to miss speaking to Jeff on Trish's left about dancesport. I'm going to miss ribbing Peter about his addiction to chocolate and how he is a hard marker and never gave me an A when I was one of his Chemistry students back in 1996. I'm going to miss the 7.30am starts and 6.00pm ends. I'm going to miss my pigeonhole and the sun by the large windows in the staff lunchroom. I'm going to miss the all the photocopying privileges!! David and his flirting with some of the female interns. Chocolate stashes at Sarah's desk. The chicken and salad roll from the canteen. Jeremy's little weekly walk around the staffroom. I am going to miss teaching Forensic Science. That class made it all worthwhile.
But NOT going to miss all the corrections and marking I had to do.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home