[Emails written]
To: P
From: Liv
Date: Thurs, 10 Jul 2003
P,
This is the very last year I'm doing a production of any sort. I mean it, this time. I've had enough. I had a great day yesterday with Pascal's workshop (meant to email you right after that to say that he rocks - he's knocked Hugh [Jackman] off his pedestal, but forgot), then went to rehearsal today and all those lovely positive feelings got sucked out of me.
And I'm not even tired to be saying all these things. I could still go out tonight and party till 2am! (But I won't, have work to do) I'm just fed up, angry, etc etc etc because ------ would not stop being negative or really sharp to the kids.
L
To: P
From: Liv
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2003
P,
Yesterday wasn't too bad. Though I did lose my temper once and spoke very sternly, without yelling, to some of the Year 8s. I found myself smoothing a lot of ruffled feathers among the kids, acting as peacemaker - not something I particularly enjoyed. One of the Year 12s did say to me though, "You're not doing this next year? Why? You keep us sane when Ms ---- starts yelling at us. We know we can talk to you when they get shirty."
Production's not depressing me. I'm losing interest in it (SS looms in the horizon), at any rate. FINALLY. I'm definitely not stressed by it, even though everyone else is. I'm cheery, P!! And it's all good!
L

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home