Hell hath no fury, no? And boy, do those fires burn.
I so dearly want to wring his neck. Push him into a vat of boiling oil. Shove him into cow pats and get the cows to stomp on him. Slap her silly. Wring her neck. Call them really awful names. Earn huge amounts of money and adorn myself with diamonds so as to blind them, for he most certainly will never earn that sort of money in a million years and she will most likely sleep her way to it.
It's a large case of bruised ego and damnably hurting pride. It's getting too damn repetitious for words and I just want to be over it. The quickest way I can think of of getting over it, is to jump back on the horse again. The thing is though, after that fall, I'm rather wary of the beasts. How on earth do you discard something that was quite precious and meant the world to you, anyway?
He threw it back, right in my face, as if it was nothing. That hurts. A lot. I'm still reeling from it. I may laugh about it with my mates and joke about cream pies and hot oil, but it still hurts. You give someone a small piece of your heart, with the unspoken promise that that they'll take good care of it. When they don't, when they let it gather dust, when they take it for granted, when they kick it under the bed and forget all about it - well, it hurts.
There's no use in saying, "I didn't mean to hurt you," because you did. There's no use in saying, "Oh, I'm sorry, I was never there for you," just so you'll feel better about yourself. For goodness sakes, you just said that for the sake of saying it. You never meant it. You never meant it. Do you know how much that hurts?
Have you never thought about the consequences of your words, of your actions? Every action has an opposite and equal reaction - one of the Laws of Motion - it applies to human interaction, too. Never, never assume that your words or your actions have no consequence. They do. I know that first hand.
So don't come 'round to ask how I am. Don't ask about how things are going. Don't be a hypocrite and pretend like you care about me and my doings. If you did, you would never had done it this way.
I do bleed when you put a blade to me, you know.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home