There's a candle in the window every night
reflecting all our hopes and dreams
I have been holding that candle, hoping that you will somehow find your way to me soon. But soon will not come, will it?
I finally realised that last night when I rang you to say hi, and you brushed me off oh so casually. I read volumes into the "I'll talk to you later, okay?". No, I don't think I'm being unreasonable nor am I mistaken. I heard the reluctance. I heard the impatience. I felt the insincerity. I know your failed intentions. I know the lip service you speak.
It's time to lick my wounds and move on. It's time to let you go and allow my disappearance from your life. There's nothing left to say. There's nothing left to do.
It's time to extinguish that candle, and light another to shine me on another path.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home